Monday 23 March 2015

Tales from the Brothers Grimm: Cinderella

This is part of a small project I'm working on aimed at self-publishing. Although still far from complete (as a non-professional, it's a spare time thing, and will probably not be ready for another few months), I'm currently preparing some tales from the Brothers Grimm along with my own illustrations. I've chosen some well-known stories as well as some more obscure stories. Here are some of my first completed illustrations for "Cinderella", one of the stories that will be included in the collection.
Of course, this version of "Cinderella" is a bit different to the better known French version by Charles Perrault. Instead of a fairy godmother, Cinderella receives help from a hazel tree planted at her mother's grave and the birds who inhabit the tree. On my old blog, I actually shared some pictures I made of the story and are in some ways a blueprint for these pictures.


These are not the only pictures I've made for the story, but they are probably my favourite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment